Youth Climbing Team
The Youth Climbing Team(YCT) is an alternative after school program. YCT is designed to help team members learn and improve their climbing skills along with building confidence and tackling personal goals. As a group, the climbing team will focus on teamwork, building trust and communication within the group. The YCT coaches are Miami staff and students who are dedicated to teaching the sport of rock climbing.
How do I join?
Fall 2015 Registration will open on July 1, 2015. Registration will be available at the Rec Center Pro Shop, OPC, and online.
Payment due upon registration.
Who can Join?
You can join YCT if you are between the ages of 5 and 17 years old and possess an active interest in the sport of rock climbing. No experience is necessary.
Practices are divided into 3 separate days:
- Mondays: Elementary Ages (4:30-6:30pm)
- Wednesdays: Elementary Ages (4:30-6:30pm)
- Thursdays: Middle/High School Ages (4:30-6:30pm)
- Click Here are Spring 2015 Schedule
4-week trial: Fall Rates, TBA
8-week extension: Fall Rates, TBA
What does my membership fee include?
- Coaching and instruction by Outdoor Pursuit Staff.
- All equipment needed during practices.
- Discount on personal instruction.
- 10% off all retail equipment at the Outdoor Pursuit Center.
- A YCT T-shirt.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Assistant Director, Russell Hobart.
- (513) 529-1434